Splinterlands Validator Nodes $4M Presale Sells Out In Minutes
Splinterlands achieved another milestone as its $4 million validator nodes presale sold out within minutes. In fact, the blockchain game has topped the charts by being the most played game for ten months in a row.
Splinterlands Break New Record With Its Validator Nodes Sale
Reportedly, Splinterlands’ validator node licenses sold out in 11 minutes, accounting for 2,000 licenses selling out in a flash. Furthermore, it resulted in a burn of roughly 14.5 million SPS tokens, adding 1 million Vouchers to the DAO. Thus, the sale accounted for an equivalent of roughly $4 million in value.
Meanwhile, the validator node licenses available for sale allow users to obtain Splinterlands’ governance tokens, Splintershards (SPS). In brief, it is the reward for running the free node software and owning a license.
Further, Splinterlands validator node operators will earn from a monthly pool of 3,750,000 SPS. However, 10% of the pool is for the top 50-100 validator node operators voted using a proof of stake system.
Currently, node licenses are available solely in SPS and Vouchers via a public sale. Moreover, Splinterlands is burning 80% of the SPF immediately, and adding the remaining 20% to the DAO.
“These burn mechanics will put tremendous deflationary pressure on SPS, which will be quite revolutionary of a concept to the blockchain gaming vertical,” Splinterlands’ Director of Growth Liam Labistour said.
“The engagement that we have seen by [the community] has been tremendous and we can’t wait for them to have a heavy hand in the project going forward as we move towards being truly decentralized.”
Subscribe to our hot social media and don’t miss anything else
All investment/financial opinions expressed by themediaverse.com are not recommendations.
This article is educational material.
As always, make your own research prior to making any kind of investment.
Bishal Kumar Chanda
Bishal is a freelance writer and a digital nomad. He loves thinking, learning, and writing about all things crypto, particularly its impact on major industries. Stay tuned as he brings you more news from the fast-paced world of NFTs.